- The Lecanto Legacy is an award-winning yearbook, created each year by a
staff of 25-30 students grades 9-12.
- Last year's book featured the theme "REMIX" and was selected to be a National Sample Book by
- It included 368 pages, was all color, was created using Adobe In-Design CS6 and Photoshop CS6, and was published by Balfour Publishing Company.
- Plans for this year's book are presently underway.
- The Legacy maintains memberships in the Florida Scholastic Press Association, the Journalism Education Association, the American Scholastic Press Association, and the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
- Recent awards include:
Most Outstanding High School Yearbook-ASPA (2009)
Silver Award- Columbia Scholastic Press Associtation (2008, 2009)
Silver Award- Florida Scholastic Press Association (2006)
Bronze Award- Florida Scholastic Press Association (2007)
Appeared in Taylor/Balfour Publishing's Yearbook Yearbook for the past 19 years
National Sample Book (2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013)
The Editorial staff for this year's book include:
- Editors-in-Chief: Morgan Brown
- Assistant Editor-in-Chief: Victoria Fields
- Photography Editors: Tanner Keeran and Ariana Gonzalez
- Copy Editors: Alayna Bell and Thrisna Singh
- Advertising Editor: Emmie Kimmons
- Section Editors:
- People & Academics: Kelsey Burden & Morgan Brown
- Sports: Alexis Goddard
- Clubs & Organizations: Victoria Fields
- Student Life & Campus Life: Emmie Kimmons
- Ads: Katie Philolius and Emily Worthen